SliceNet had a plenary meeting in Paisley, UK, hosted by the University of the West of Scotland (UWS) from 11th to 13th June 2019. The main purpose was to review the technical progress of the project in achieving the 2nd year targets.
The following Year-2 golden nuggets have been identified:
- Refined SliceNet architecture
- End-to-end network slice: semi-automatic deployment
- Network slice FCAPS management: design & prototyping Iteration 1
- Cognitive management framework & algorithms – design & prototyping Iterations 1 & 2
- Plug & Play management – design & prototyping
- Use cases prototyping Iteration 2
A number of demos were shown in the meeting in line with the above achievements, some of which will be displayed in the SliceNet project’s booth in EuCNC 2019.
A project Advisory Board meeting was also collocated with this plenary meeting, where the participating Advisory Board members were given technical presentations across work packages. Very positive feedback was received from the Advisory Board members regarding the achievements made so far. In addition, workshops were organised to advance R&D activities, and the meetings for the rest of the project were planned.